Our vision is a mine-free world.
We are committed to the fulfilment of this vision in our daily fight against landmines worldwide.
DEMIRA Deutsche Minenraeumer e.V. is an international, humanitarian non-governmental organisation (NGO) registered in Germany. DEMIRA was founded in 1996 in order to provide humanitarian mine clearance, explosive ordnance disposal (EOD), emergency medical aid and disaster relief to people living in post-war countries and to victims of natural disasters and civil unrest.
DEMIRA provides relief irrespective of race, sex, religion or political orientation.
DEMIRA conducts the following tasks to ensure that the lives of those affected in different crisis areas are improved and above all made safer:
- Humanitarian Mine Clearance
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Research and Development of Mechanical Mine Clearance Machines
- Survey and Evaluation
- Disaster Relief
- Emergency Medical Aid
- Training and Operation of Mine Detection Dogs (MDD)
- Test and Evaluation of Demining Equipment and Clearance Technologies
- Cooperation with European and International Organisations and Governments