ADRA sucht befristet für zwölf Monate in Voll- oder Teilzeit einen Grants & Compliance Manager (m/w/d) in der Ukraine (Kramatorsk: 60% & Kiew: 40%).
An estimated 5.2 million people are affected by the active armed conflict in eastern Ukraine, 3.5 million of whom need humanitarian assistance and protection. Since 2014, ADRA Ukraine has helped more than 400,000 people in need. ADRA Ukraine is currently imple- menting several humanitarian projects directly at the contact line in both government and non-government-controlled areas. ADRA Germany with funding of the German Federal Foreign Office has implemented several humanitarian projects over the last years and is currently planning for a new 12month funding cycle in Eastern Ukraine focusing on the sectors WASH; (Mental) Health and Protection.
Scope of Work:
The Grants and Compliance Manager will focus on coordinating the oversight of the German Federal Foreign Office grant, working in collaboration with ADRA Germany Program Coordinator to produce high quality donor reports and conducts national staff capacity building. The Grants and Compliance Manager will also be responsible for providing program and support teams with general grants management support and advice on donor compliance and ADRA Germany / ADRA Ukraine regulations. Based in Kiev and Kramatorsk, this position will be a central point in the joint project implementation of ADRA Germany and ADRA Ukraine. This position is ideal for a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong compliance and capacity-building experience who can produce specific deliverables within a limited time period.
- Coordinate and support regular monitoring of grants, using appropriate grant management tools
- Ensure that grants or contracts are well administered, and program/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and ADRA procedures, and compliance manuals are developed and maintained
- Support the proactive identification of compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, support teams and senior management on necessary actions
- Liaise with ADRA Germany about specific compliance issues and clearly communicate these issues through to relevant colleagues in the field
- Support program staff in grant revisions (e.g. cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required)
- Ensure that effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected
- Ensure that senior management and technical leads understand donor communication protocols and provide copies of correspondence for files
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
Capacity Building (approx. 30%-time allocation):
- Conduct capacity building for international and national staff in grants management, spending tracking, and compliance
- Support ongoing capacity strengthening of international and national staff in report writing, editing and critical analysis
- Support the development and maintenance of a comprehensi- ve information management and filing system that ensures all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and consistent soft and hard libraries available as needed
- The Grants and Compliance Manager reports to ADRA Germany program coordinator.
- This position does not have any direct line management responsibilities.
Reporting (approx. 20%-time allocation):
- Work together with the project manager, programs and finance director to ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports which meet donor and ADRA Germany requirements, with support by technical experts (sector coordinators)
- Ensure quality information management related to reporting by overseeing the regular maintenance of reporting calendars and updating of internal ADRA documentation and Grant Unit tools.
- Jointly with the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the financial reporting and other compliance requirements
- Russian/Ukrainian language skills desirable
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, Master's Degree preferred
- At least three years of international work experience in relief programs; regional and emergency programming experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong experience in capacity building of natio- nal and international staff
- Demonstrated strong experience in donor reporting, with very strong English writing, editing, and critical analysis skills
- Strong ability to communicate concisely and with impact
- Demonstrated successful experience in grants management, with proven experience in managing large multi-donor (inclu- ding European and US - preferably GFFO donor) portfolios
- Strong ability to communicate concisely and with impact
- Ability to work well under administrative and programmatic pressures. Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Commitment to ADRA’s mission, purpose, and values
ADRA Germany Offers:
- Contract length: 12 months
- Duty Station: Kramatorsk, Ukraine (with regular travel to Kiev)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Compensation package consisting of salary and benefits (housing allowance, etc)
- 25 days of paid leave annually
Are you interested?
We're looking forward to your application (correspondence, CV, references). Please apply via e-mail: bewerbenbeiadra(at)adra.de with the information of your salary expectation and your first possible start date. Applications of a qualified person with serious disabilities and persons with different cultural and religious background, will also be accepted.
Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have questions, feel free to call the contact person of human ressources: +49 6151-8115-23
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ADRA Deutschland e.V.
© Bündnis deutscher Hilfsorganisationen: Spenden & helfen